TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AUCTION FOR BUYERS
GUITAR AUCTION HOUSE (GAH)
You submit your bid on the condition you have read and accepted the terms and conditions below.
Bidders / buyers will firstly be required to register with the TGAH before bidding in any of our auctions. Complete a bidder registration form at the auction, for on line bidders regisiter via the Storage Bidder App ( link to the App can be found on our home page )
1. When you bid for any lot in the auction you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out by the Guitar Auction House.
2. When you place a bid during the auction process you enter into a contractually binding obligation to complete the transaction if you are the winning bidder of the lot.
3. Guitars, amplifiers, accessories (Lots) will in most instances have been used by previous owners / sellers. As such there will be evidence of general wear and have signs of age. Buyers will have sufficient time on viewing day to inspect lots prior to bidding /buying.
4. Winning bidder - the winning bidder is the person who is the highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer, whose decision is final. Where there is any dispute the auctioneer may make the decision to put the lot up for action again.
5. You cannot retract a bid after it has been submitted.
6. Before placing a bid on any lot, you must ensure that you are able to pay for the lot if successful.
7. If you are unable to attend on the day of the sale, you may with prior agreement with the TGAH bid by telephone. You may also make a written bid with prior agreement.
8. The contract of sale between the seller and the buyer will be achieved with the hammer when the GAH auctioneer has agreed the price. The purchase / hammer price will incur an additional buyer premium of 10%.
9. Payment – All lots that are bought in the room on the day of the auction must be paid for in full on the day of the auction.
Payments can be made by debit or credit cards in person / present at the auction which must be transacted by chip and PIN only, cash payments will also be accepted on the day of the sale. No cheques accepted. Please note: All card payments will require photographic I.D
A description of the main characteristics of each lot will be provided in the GAH on line catalogue prior to any auction, however it is the buyer’s responsibility to fully satisfy themselves about the condition, originality and provenance of all lots prior to any bids they make during any auction run by TGHA. All descriptions / opinions by TGAH are made in good faith and serve only as a general guide.
You must contact the GAH in writing within 21 days after your purchase, setting out the reasons why you consider the lot purchased is a forgery. We will contact you following an assessment of the information you have supplied. Should GHA consider the evidence provided by the buyer satisfactory in determining the lot a forgery - The sale will be cancelled and the full purchase price will be repaid to the buyer if the item is in the same condition as it left the saleroom.
Release of goods
The GAH reserves the right to hold lots until the buyer has settled the account in full for any lots purchased at the auction.
Should the buyer fail to make the appropriate payment on the day of the auction, the Guitar Auction House has the right to resell the lots by public auction. Should GAH have to securely store lots unpaid for after seven days the buyer will incur a storage charge of 3% per day. GAH will only release lots when the buyer has paid them in full.
CITES restrictions Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species
“The above International agreement came into force in 1975. The import, export and use for commercial gain of certain species requires a CITES permit “ (GOV.UK) CITES law came into force / was introduced on 2nd January 2017 The above may be relevant in relation to some instruments, it means that the likes of endangered Rosewood is placed under restrictions when traded across international borders.
CITES All relevant paperwork will must be provided by the seller if required. Please note: Lots in TGAH auctions will not be shipped outside the borders of the E.U.
The sellers of the items are responsible for getting the items to our location, the buyer is responsible for picking up the item or making arrangements for the item to be shipped. Prior to any collection of lots the buyer must notify TGAH the details of the person / company collecting the lot. Please note TGAH is not resposible for shipping or packaging. The Guitar Auction House can advise you on the different couriers available for this service.We will need to be notified of the courier collecting on your behalf otherwise we will not release any item.